Tuesday, August 18, 2009

MIND OVER MATTER

Today was our second day of bootcamp. I woke up this morning feeling pretty darn good and energized. I got there at 5 a.m. this morning and was greeted by my trainer telling to do three sets of walking lunges and three sets of hills (running up a steep hill 5 times and walking down, harder than it sounds) DO WHAT?? I mean I didn't think this thing was going to be easy but I didn't think they were going to try to kill me..ha! Each set of the walking lunges consisted of about 50 or more lunges each time...KILLER! My legs were seriously numb by the end of the sets. Then we were instructed to jog (or walk briskly ;) back to the gym (about 3/4 of a mile) and do 500 crunches. The we ended our session with three sets of 50 lateral pull dows, three sets of 50 bicep curls, three sets of 50 pulleys, and three sets of 50 back extensions, We were done by 6:40 a.m. I felt great after leaving the gym today, although I couldn't quite finish all of the reps I did my very best and pushed myself to the limit. You got to admit three set of 50 of anything is not a walk in the park! I bought some icy hot today for my muscles..they are pretty sore. I am hoping after a hot bath and some icy hot I will feel a little better, but other than that I feel pretty good. Our trainer warned us today that tomorrow is going to be hard. We are working legs!! So I'm pretty sure that's going to consist of crazy amounts of squats, lunges, dips, so on and so forth.. This is my weakest area. I dread everytime I have to work out my legs, and of course that is the part of my body that needs the most work. However, even though I'm really not looking forward to it but I am up for the challenge!! I love a good challenge anyways! Bring it on! My eating has been very clean the past two days which hasn't been to hard for me anyways since I love veggies, and most all "health" foods anyways. I love doing a roasted veggie medley with olive oil. Tonight I mixed fresh mushrooms, asparagus, squash, and tomato and roasted them in my little convection oven. YUM!! Felicia and Jamie are doing GREAT as well. I am so blessed to have them by my side every morning doing this with me. They are awesome and I believe that a part of my success will be because of their awesome support! Until tomorrow...


Thanks for reading!!!


My Highlights:

BEST: Getting some new kicks and work out gear today! My husband loves me :)

WORSE: Going to the grocery store today with my husband. I had my own basket and he had his own. Of course mine is filled with fresh veggies, lean protein and so on...HIS is filled with cookies, chips, pop and every kind of junk food that you can imagine. THEN he throws some salt and vinegar chips (my biggest weakness) in my basket while I was in the bathroom, and I come back and he says "here honey I know you love these so I got them for you" WHAT? Are you serious? I quickly put them back and gave him a quick nutrition 101 lesson there in the store!! Although he had the best of intentions...he just didn't get it! Bless his heart!

Oh and V8 has got to be the nastiest stuff I've ever put in my mouth. I am not a picky person at all but GEEZ LOUISE...I tried chasing it with everything too and still wanted to puke...

2 comments:

  1. Keep kicking Butt Ang!! I hate V8 too!! Yuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Chelsea. It really means alot to know that somone reads these things....ha!! To bad we live far apart or else you could be kicking butt with me every morning :)

    ReplyDelete