Monday, August 17, 2009

The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender....

Yep...that's my new motto. As most of my readers know I started a four week intense workout bootcamp. Why? Because I am tired of feeling down about the way I look and I am tired of not looking good in my clothes. I am also a HUGE believe in exercise for mental health as well. I've never been diagnosed with depression, but I've noticed my moods are usally based on my eating habits, sleeping patterns, and if I'm exercising or not. If I eat bad, get out of my sleep pattern, and slack on the excersise I become irritable, have mood swings, and feel really depressed. SO I look at exercise as not only a way to make yourself feel really HOT, but also as a tool to stay in the best mental health possible without the use of medication. Getting to the point......I've decided to blog about my boot camp experience to help keep me accountable, focused, and maybe give a little inspiration to someone who deals with weight issues. I had heard about these boot camp series.. session.. whatever you call it, that different gyms were offering primarily in Oklahoma City. I knew of at least two people who went through a 6 week camp and achieved awesome results. Fortunately the local gym in Tuttle (about 20 min away from my house) was offering a boot camp so I decided to take the four week challenge. It is three days a week from 5:00 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. and it comes with a simple meal plan to help boost your metabolism and keep you on track during the boot camp. They say 70% of weight loss is what you eat. Our group consist of about 15 people (mostly guys) and two trainers. Today we did some cardio and strength training. I have done some pretty intense workouts in the past, so I didn't really think much of it when I signed up. WOW!! I realized today just how out of shape I really am and weak I am. I couldn't finish all the reps and I seriously felt like I was going to pass out a time or two. I must admit I am quite embarrassed. In fact, I came home this morning feeling pretty discouraged about myself, and a little worried because in the past when I start feeling discouraged that's when I usually give up. BUT I REFUSE TO GIVE UP ON THIS!! It's not going to be easy and waking up at 4:15 a.m. is not the funnest nor easiest thing I've ever done but that's what I'm willing to do in order to conquer my weaknesses. I am determined to overcome it and start living a more healthier lifestyle...and look good doing it :) THANKFULLY I have two awesome friends going through this with me as well, Felicia and Jamie. I worked with them at the law firm and I couldn't imagine having any better support than those two. They are both hilarious so they keep it fun and they both struggle with the same issue I do so they know and understand what I am going through. I am looking forward to tomorrow and continuing the journey to the new Angela!!

Below I am going to post a few highlights of the morning!!

FUNNIEST: The big black trainer telling Felicia she must be watching to much BET based on the way she was sticking her booty out while doing squats...guess he didn't feel like her back was arched enough!!

WORSE: When I couldn't do the inner thigh squeezes with 70lbs and everyone else could...the trainer said my inner thighs must have never seen the light of day (meaning there is NO muscle in there)

EMBARRASING: When we first got there they took our mesaurments and mine are as follows 36" chest 29 1/2" waist 44" hips!!!! YES!! I didn't type that wrong..my hips are 44" I mean what kind of body ratio is that? I guess one good thing is I can sure have those babies huh!!!

BEST: Really just getting through the morning and not giving up...

Stayed tuned for more to come on my progress....

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Ang!! This great you are doing this!! This has motivated me to get my butt in the gym!! Don't feel bad about your hip measurement!! My hips are huge and the rest of me is smaller. We are just aby making machines.... :P

    ReplyDelete